Monday, April 15, 2013

Prayer Spotlight: Novenas

Novenas are one of my favorite ways to pray. They are typically nine days long, and invoke the intercession of a saint. I have found that it helps to pray the novena at the same time each day. Novenas are not magic spells, as a friend of mine once explained it. They are, however, very powerful and bring about a great amount of grace. Recently, I have become a novena junkie. I really enjoyed both the 54-Day Rosary Novena and the Infant of Prague Novena. The 54-Day Rosary Novena was very time consuming, and was actually six novenas strung together. Three were asking the request, and the next three were offering thanksgiving. It took about 15-20 minutes to pray each night, but it is completely worth it. The Infant of Prague Novena, on the other hand, is super short. It is said once an hour for nine hours in a single day or for multiple days if you so chose. (I have been! SO ADDICTING). Both prayers are beautiful, and have really brought grace and a sense of peace to my life (examples here). I encourage you all to give them a shot! Below is a link to several! Happy praying! :)

http://www.fisheaters.com/novenas.html#childjesus
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment